This core lower school curriculum guide in the Making Math Meaningful curriculum series by Jamie York provides a method of teaching that is developmentally appropriate in accordance with Waldorf educational philosophy, helping to develop the whole human being. It has the same meticulous detail as the popular Making Math Meaningful middle school math series. The major themes addressed in the lower grades’ book are: the principles of Waldorf education, working with “struggling” students, will our children be prepared? golden rules for teaching math, topics in the math classroom, ideas for manipulatives, movement, main lesson books, etc. Books for all grades in the Making Math Meaningful series, including the student and teacher workbooks for the middle school years, have a direct and logical approach toward the teaching of mathematics.
What makes this Waldorf math book different from other math books for Waldorf teachers?
- Detailed curriculum guidelines for first through fifth grade.
- Overview of child development in each grade.
- Specific ideas for every math main lesson.
- Step-by-step progressions for learning the arithmetic facts, times table, basic
addition, and subtraction, long multiplication and long division, etc.
- General ideas and suggestions for teaching math successfully in the lower grades.
FIND IT ALSO AVAILABLE HERE:
Whoops, the resources here are for students, teachers and CFAE Members. If you are any one of these, please log in. If not, you can definitely get access! As a Student or Teacher or a CFAE Member