The Maria Thun Biodynamic Almanac 2022: North American Edition
The original biodynamic sowing and planting calendar, adapted for North American (Eastern Standard Time) dates and times. Now celebrating its 60th anniversary with a new, easy-view layout, featuring more detailed planting, tending, and harvesting information to help growers maximize the yield and vitality of crops and plants.
Trusted by generations of farmers and gardeners, the refreshed design marks a new era for the ultimate biodynamic calendar.
The redesigned and expanded calendar features:
- A new easy-to-view layout making it simpler to plan what to do and when;
- More space dedicated to detailed explanations of the recommended activities;
- New information panels make it easier to use;
- Clearer headings and sections for faster look-ups;
- More detailed planting, tending, and harvesting information to maximize the yield and vitality of crops and plants;
- Redesigned to work for both seasoned biodynamic farmers and beginning gardeners;
- Solar and lunar events, plus information on planetary aspects, are given dedicated space.
The original, and still the best, biodynamic calendar celebrates its 60th anniversary this year, having sold more than 100,000 copies in English.
Includes times and dates specifically for North American gardeners and farmers.
About the Author
Matthias Thun achieved a Masters in Beekeeping in 1966 and has kept bees for more than fifty years. The son of Maria Thun, the biodynamic pioneer, Matthias is continuing his mother’s research into the effects of the moon, planets, and stars on biodynamic agricultural methods and has lectured on beekeeping at international biodynamic conferences and training seminars. He is the author of Biodynamic Beekeeping: A Sustainable Way to Keep Happy, Healthy Bees (2020) and produces the annual biodynamic guides Maria Thun Biodynamic Calendar and When Wine Tastes Best.