What Happens When We Die? Our Journey in the Afterlife
Is there truly life beyond death? What really happens when we die? Can the living stay connected with, or even help, their loved ones who have passed on? Answers to these questions have traditionally been sought for in Eastern religions but—perhaps surprisingly for some—they can also be found within the Christian tradition. Indeed, such knowledge was prevalent in early Christianity, but was gradually suppressed and eventually forgotten.
Turning to hidden—esoteric—sources that reveal lost meanings within the Bible, the Dead Sea scrolls and other Gnostic texts, Hans Stolp and Margarete van den Brink describe the world of light that exists beyond death, and the “seven steps” needed to progress through its realms. The authors draw on near-death experiences as well as the many profound personal encounters with deceased friends and family members described by people in recent times. With this knowledge, together with Rudolf Steiner’s research, they offer answers to the following questions:
- What is the world beyond death really like and what tasks await us there?
- Why is love and wisdom gained in life on earth so important in the afterlife?
- How can the living help or hinder the dead?
- How do the departed themselves help loved ones who are left behind?
- How does the Christ sustain the dead as they review their previous life and prepare for the next?
This is an extraordinary guide to understanding what happens after death. It also offers invaluable advice on staying connected to our loved ones who have passed on.
A previous edition was titled A Christian Book of the Dead.
C O N T E N T S:
1. The Tragedy of Traditional Christianity
2. The Lost Secret
3. Opening Up the Spiritual World
4. Looking Beyond the Boundary
5. Seven Steps to the World of Light
6. What we Give Back
7. The House of the Spirit
8. Body, Soul and Spirit
9. The Path through the Spirit Realms
10. Driven from Paradise for a Second Time
11. The Revolution and Renewal Performed by Christ
12. The Connection Between the Dead and the Living
13. What Can we Do for the Dead?
About the Author
Margarete van den Brink worked as a consultant in the UK and abroad, giving seminars on communication and leadership. She is the author of More Precious than Light (1995); Transforming People and Organizations (2004); and Time for Transformation (2008, with Hans Stolp).
Hans Stolp studied theology at the Free University in Amsterdam and specialized in Esoteric Christianity. He lectures and broadcasts widely, and is the author of many books, including When a Loved One Dies (2005) and Time for Transformation (2008, with Margarete van den Brink).