To Grow and Become: Stories for Children
“These stories were told in a Waldorf school by the class teacher, in place of religious instruction, on Fridays during the last period of the day. The intention was to bring a spiritual content to the children for the weekend.” -from the preface
This is a collection of lesser-known stories addressing some of the deeper questions of children.
Collected by a long-time class teacher, who found these particularly nourishing for children through fifth grade.
- Old Gerasimus and his lion: an Easter legend / N.J. Lyeskow
- Legend of Haughty Agge (after an old legend) / W.M. Sarschim
- Ilya (after an Old Russian legend)
- Lynx’s gift of thanks (after Alexi Remisov)
- Maiden Lene of Söndervand: a Danish folk-fairy tale / Svend Grundtvig
- Legend of Saint Eustachius / W. Ruhtenberg.