This compilation of excerpts from writings and lectures by Rudolf Steiner is an essential companion for every Waldorf early years teacher. It is meant to be a help for those working in Kindergartens founded on the educational principles of Rudolf Steiner. All the parents of little children, students and friends of Waldorf Education who are interested in a deeper understanding of child development will find in this book guide lines for The Study of Man.
It was Elizabeth Grunelius who first suggested compiling the following excerpts from Rudolf Steiner’s books and lectures. Already in the early twenties she asked Rudolf Steiner for suggestions on pre-school education, and founded the very first Waldorf Kindergarten in Stuttgart.
- The Child before the Seventh Year
- The Secret of the Doll – Love, Truth, Clarity
- Walking, Speaking and Thinking – Gratitude, Love, Duty
- Education of the Moral Life
- Fantasy in the Child
- The Senses and Imitation
- The First Seven Years and the Development of the Consciousness