The Will of Divine Love: Centering Prayer and Spiritual Psychology
As Love determines Justice, so does Will determine Destiny. This profound wisdom saying holds the timeless theme unfolding in this book. The Will of Divine Love is the non-dual underlying motive force of created reality, allowing all possibilities expression in the drama and game of God’s Great Adventure in which each soul is a central player.
God is love (1 John 4:8). The evolution of human consciousness into divine consciousness is our spiritual growth into the love of Christ, the holy Word of creation. This book looks at the process of spiritual evolution in created reality. It also looks at Centering Prayer and other transformative spiritual practices—Welcoming Prayer, forgiveness practice, and creative self-expression—that unload the Unconscious and help us to enter the “promised land” and the inner wealth of our divine inheritance as souls created in God’s image and likeness (Genesis 1:26–27). May all souls be well rested in God and the Will of Divine Love!
C O N T E N T S:
Foreword by Fr. Carl J. Arico
1. God’s Great Adventure, Part One: Created Reality and the Tree of Life
2. God’s Great Adventure, Part Two: Created Reality and Evolving Consciousness
3. God’s Great Adventure, Part Three: Tielhard de Chardin’s Curve of Evolution
4. Good versus Evil: The Archetypal Conflict
5. Centering Prayer and Spiritual Psychology
6. The Transcendent Function: Centering Prayer and Jungian Psychology
7. Working with the Unconscious: Seven Psycho-Spiritual Practices
8. Further Reaches of Evolving Consciousness: From Individual to Universal Consciousness on the Tree of Life
9. The Will of Divine Love
About the Author
Kess Frey, born in 1945, grew up in Eagle Rock, California (North Los Angeles). He graduated in Psychology at the University of California, Irvine, and has studied Eastern and Western philosophy, psychology, and religion since 1965. He met Thomas Keating in 1989 and has been involved with Centering Prayer ever since. Mr. Frey lives in Anchorage, Alaska, where he offers introductory Centering Prayer workshops, facilitates prayer groups and retreats, and is active in prison ministry. Kess is the author of Human Ground, Spiritual Ground: Paradise Lost and Found: A Reflection on Centering Prayer’s Conceptual Background (Portal Books, 2012) and Centering Prayer and Rebirth in Christ on the Tree of Life: The process of Inner Transformation (Portal Books, 2013).