A Christian Book of the Dead: Accompanying Their Journey after Death
What happens to us after death? What paths open up? How do we stay connected or even help our loved ones who have died? Answers to these questions can be found in Eastern religions, but surprisingly also in the Christian tradition! In fact, such answers were prevalent in original Christianity, but were gradually ignored by the Church and lost.
With the help of “near-death” experiences, understanding of biblical texts, and Christ’s activity in life after death, the reader’s attention is focused again on the views of this esoteric Christianity.
The authors ask:
- What are the seven steps into Light?
- What are the tasks and gifts of each step?
- How does Christ’s love sustain the dead as they experience the previous life and prepare for the next?
- What uplifting insights are offered by the Bible, Dead Sea Scrolls, and Gnostic texts?
- How can the living help or hinder the dead?
- How do loved ones try to help you?
- Why is the love and wisdom gained in life so important?
This is an invaluable guide to understanding the Christian view of what happens after death and how to stay connected with our loved ones who have died.
About the Author
Margarete van den Brink works as a consultant in the UK and abroad, giving seminars on communication and leadership. She is the author of More Precious than Light (1995); A Christian Book of the Dead (2003, with Hans Stolp); Transforming People and Organizations (2004); and Time for Transformation (2008, with Hans Stolp). For more information, visit her website: www.margaretevandenbrink.nl
Hans Stolp is an ordained Protestant minister in the Netherlands. After studying theology at the Free University in Amsterdam, he specialized in Esoteric Christianity. He lectures and broadcasts widely, and is the author of many books, including A Christian Book of the Dead (2003, with Margarete van den Brink); When a Loved One Dies (2005); and Time for Transformation (2008, with Margarete van den Brink)