Awakening to Child Health: Nurturing Children’s Well Being
Awakening to Child Health is a resource for developing a sensitive understanding of children. It is a resource for childcare professionals and parents who wish to follow their own intuition and sensibility for children’s health.
The book addresses such questions as: How can we deepen our insights regarding children through personal experience? How can we better nurture, protect, and enhance our children’s well being and care?
Drawing on Rudolf Steiner’s understanding of child development, health, and holistic medicine, the author provides a comprehensive account of child and adolescent development, and informed by embryology and spiritual psychology.
- Meeting Children and Your Inner Child
- The Prenatal Journey of the Incarnating Child
- Body, Soul, and Spirit and the Three Births of Childhood
- The Heavenly Years from Birth to Three
- The Golden Years from Three to Seven
- The Beautiful and Healthy Years from Seven to Fourteen
- Puberty to Adulthood
- Seven Life Processes, Four Temperaments, Three Physical Types and Seven Character Types
- Awakening to the Self and Identity
About the Author
Dr. Raoul Goldberg trained as a medical doctor and runs the Syringa Health Centre, a holistic clinic offering general practice and a range of complementary therapies. He has worked as a Waldorf school doctor for many years and runs a pediatric clinic. Dr. Goldberg has written numerous articles for the South African Journal of Medicine and chaired the SA Complementary Medical Association.