Childhood Illnesses and Immunizations: Anthroposophic Ideas to Ensure the Wellbeing of Our Children in This Digital Age
“This book, a highly researched yet accessible body of work, explains how current influences, primarily immunizations, infiltrate the child’s organism and make growing up more difficult. The book, however, then also offers many practical ways to overcome those hurdles. Supporting the health of the developing child with anthroposophic education and anthroposophic medicine will thus ‘soften’ the blow to the archetypical, desired development. The authors show dedication, integrity and clarity throughout the book.” — Mary Jo Oresti, MA, Founding member of the Educational Support Program at the Detroit Waldorf School and Director and founding member of the Teacher Educational Support Program, an international professional development program sponsored by the Association for a Healing Education
Based on the authors’ many years of medical experience in the “trenches,” this book offers new ways of looking at the complex topic of childhood illnesses and immunizations. Essential information is presented from an anthroposophic point of view:
- Childhood Illnesses: their fundamental characteristics and meaning
- Immunization Information: benefits and dangers
- Remedies (more than 100!): immunizations and the general wellbeing of children
- Anthroposophic Medicine: essential concepts
- Spiritualized Education: Why is it so essential in relation to immunizations?
- Rudolf Steiner’s Texts: comprehensive selection on immunizations and childhood illnesses
- Basic Immunology: combining natural and spiritual scientific insights
C O N T E N T S:
Before We Get Going: Anthroposophy: A Spiritual Basis for Medicine
1. Basic Concepts of Anthroposophy and Anthroposophic Medicine
2. Basic Concepts of Immunology
3. Smallpox: Eradicated, but Not Gone?
4. Anthroposophic Understanding of Childhood Illnesses
5. Modern Immunizations
6. Modern Vaccinations: A Critical View
7. Constitutional Strengthening for Children
8. A Selection of Anthroposophic Remedies
9. The Seven Metals as Core Anthroposophic Remedies
10. Other Innovative Remedies
11. Other Commonly Used Remedies
12. Remedies for Emergencies and Specific Symptoms and Side Effects
13. Other Health-bringing Modalities
14. Replace through Education What Is Lost through Immunization
1. Rudolf Steiner—Excerpts from His Work
2: Immunology Review Article
3. A Brief Description of the Path of the Incarnating Individual to a New Birth
4. CDC Recommended Vaccine Schedule 2017
5. Review of an Article by Russell Blaylock
6. Anthroposophic Lifestyle and Allergic Disease—Lancet Medical Journal
7. Quality of Potentized Medicines
8. Five Minerals Meditation/Verse, from R. Steiner
9. Gall Bladder / Chicory
10. Michael’s Mission in the Cosmic Age of Human Freedom
About the Author
Ross Rentea, MD, is a practicing physician of anthroposophic medicine. He graduated from the University of Chicago School of Medicine, Illinois, and, after his internship, spent five years in Europe studying anthroposophic and complementary medicines. He has been active in family practice for more than twenty-five years. With his wife Andrea Rentea, MD, Dr. Rentea created the Paulina Medical Clinic in Chicago, Illinois, which has evolved into a thriving practice. He is a board member of the American College of Anthroposophical Medicine and is board certified in Anthroposophic Medicine. Dr. Rentea’s other activities include giving numerous lectures, as well as training seminars and workshops for professional and lay groups. Moreover, he has published a number of articles in peer-reviewed medical journals. He has a longstanding interest in researching and creating natural supplements and medicines, and is cofounder and head of the research and development department of True Botanica,™ L.L.C., a company that offers nutritional and anthroposophic supplements. He lives with his wife and four children in Chicago.
Mark Kamsler, MD, is a board-certified pediatrician and has been caring for his patients since the early 1990s through anthroposophic, holistic, and natural medicine. He enjoys a reputation among both local and out-of-state patients who consult with him on their health problems. He is experienced in comprehensive medical evaluations, complete pediatric care, advanced nutritional testing and advice, life-style coaching, eurythmy, and more. Dr. Kamsler is well known and sought after for his management of children’scomplex medical problems. He emphasizes a comprehensive body–mind approach best summarized asanthroposophic medicine, the most complete form of complementary/alternative medicine available.
Dr. Andrea Rentea has been a practicing Family Physician in Chicago since the early 1970s. She specializes in anthroposophic, holistic, and natural medicine, treating, whenever possible, chronic and acute illnesses with natural remedies. She is well known for her expertise in the treatment of female illnesses and pediatrics. Outside the medical practice she is a consultant for health issues at several independent Waldorf schools for children with special behavioral or learning difficulties. In 1983, Dr. Rentea and her husband, Ross Rentea, MD, opened the internationally respected Paulina Medical Clinic in Chicago. Both doctors emphasize a comprehensive body and mind approach best summarized under the term anthroposophic medicine, the most complete form of complementary/alternative medicine available.