In the best tradition of ancient wisdom literature, Cosmic Memory reconstructs, from the akashic record, events that span the time between the origin of the Earth and the beginning of recorded history. This spiritual research includes a profound investigation of the origins, achievements, and fate of the Atlanteans and Lemurians—the remarkable “lost” root races that developed the first concepts of “good” and “evil,” manipulated natural forces, laid the foundation for human legal and ethical systems, and defined and nurtured the distinctive yet complementary powers of men and women that brought humankind, many centuries ago, to its highest artistic, intellectual, and spiritual attainments.
Through this discussion of our true origins, Cosmic Memory offers a genuine foundation for our lives, allowing us to realize our real value, dignity, and essence. The reader is shown our human connection with the world around us as well as our highest goals and true destiny.
This is a key volume for understanding Rudolf Steiner’s early development as a Theosophist and how his ideas, terminology, and formulations during that time fit into the development of his anthroposophic epistemology and Christology.
- Contemporary Civilization in the Mirror of the Science of the Spirit
- From the Akash Chronicle
- Our Atlantean Ancestors
- Transition of the Fourth into the Fifth Root Race
- The Lemurian Race
- The Division into Sexes
- The Last Period before the Division into Sexes
- The Hyperborean and Polarean Epoch
- Beginning of the Present Earth: Extrusion of the Sun
- Extrusion of the Moon
- Some Necessary Points of View
- On the Origin of the Earth
- The Earth and Its Future
- The Life of Saturn
- The Life of the Sun
- Life on the Moon
- The Life of Earth
- The Fourfold Man of Earth
- Answers to Questions
- Prejudices Arising from Alleged Science (1904)
This volume is a translation of Aus der Akasha-Chronik (GA 11).